View Single Post
Old 2006-11-05, 03:06   Link #95
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059 View Post
During the summer they don't tend to stay very cool either, I spent a few weeks with my uncle in Tokyo a few summers ago, and anyone who knows anything about Tokyo in the summer knows that it becomes ungodly hot. My aunt is Japanese, and believes in many of the Japanese housewife superstitions such as: Air-conditioning is bad for you. She would leave the air conditioning off all day in more than 100 degree heat and only turn it on when my uncle or I got home. Everyone pray for my uncle, he lives next door to his mother-in-law who is slowly turning my aunt crazier and crazier.
Actually, air conditioning is bad for you if you leave it on to much, and don't let fresh air in here and there. The air pollution in the home can build up, especially if the filter isn't changed. Also, the air starts to feel stale, and it gets really dry. It's something I've noticed living in Florida (woo AC 9-10 months a year). But it won't kill you or anything. But yes, if it's 100 degrees, time to throw that thing on!

My question: Are politics a large issue in Japan? I ask because there's always the old stand-by here of "don't talk politics or reilgion"(at least when your first getting to know someone). How does that go in Japan?
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote