View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 08:03   Link #650
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
I didn't want to twist frivolity's post. It is interesting to hypothesize how thing would be if someone else was the spearman of group but no matter how many times I think about it I arrive to conlusion that Honoka is a primary reason why LL group the way hey are.

Responsibility pressure can change people. Compared to RRR I could imagine Maki morphing something close to Nico/Ritsuko in terms of leadership and we know how good it went. Feeling pressure even though selfimposed rather than demanded from a group she would put girls under rigorous training. Maybe Umi could be same. Crying in the corner and being hysteric everytime goes wrong or someone messes up. I also imagine Maki be somewhat stern and reject certain ideas simply because they embarrassingly chidish or silly.

I personally don't like such lax, laid-back, my pace leaders as Hisa. It requeires a huge amount of respect to subordinate. And if I feel the leash is getting weak I just climb on people's head simply cuz I'm allowed to.

Meek personalities won't be even on radar in terms of authority and it would lead to some free spirits go anarchy mode. I totally imagine Hanayo saying: "Let us practice today >.<" just to get:"Yeah, yeah in five more minutes."

I'm not saying that Honoka is the ONLY possible leader but other hypothetical reigns could be very shortlived.
Fair enough, I would probably have come to the same conclusion as well that Honoka is the heart of the team that would teach the ducks to fly. It's somewhat part of the nature of the idol industry in Japan in that the audience seek characteristics similar to those possessed by Honoka, as seen in Takamina.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote