View Single Post
Old 2006-10-15, 23:58   Link #72
Harukalover
In exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunboat Diplomat View Post
I hardly call a suggestion that you stay away from arguments that upset you an insult. If that's how you view the world then I'm beginning to see where your enmity comes from.

For the record, I will never attack anyone. There's no point...
I suggest you stay away from trying to debate something you don't prepare evidence to back up.

Listen this is what happened. You asked why encoders use a larger filesize in H264 encodes instead of using lower filesizes. I explained that encoders pick based on there own preferences. But you continued to go on that this is somehow wrong to do. You gave no reasoning except that "we" all want lower filesizes.

You haven't proved that quality is no different between the supposed low filesizes and high filesizes of the same encode. (Though this is difficult to prove since nobody really does two H264 releases with different filesizes)

So after having no evidence whatsoever and only one other person supporting you, you are still acting as if encoding at a large filesize with H264 is foolish and is not using the codec rightfully.

At this point it's easy to see that you're just acting stubbornly. I apologize for acting annoyed with you. But I felt that maybe it would get it into your head that it's just based on the encoders preference and the video's compressability. And that there is no "evil" in encoding with an a large output as the outcome.