View Single Post
Old 2012-03-24, 21:55   Link #37
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Ah don't even get me started about RPG games and last bosses. I'll get to the last world and put off playing forever. I guess I've never really been good at finishing what I start, and this "post-completion depression" is only part of the problem.
I find final boss battles too drawn out, especially when the boss just has a lot of HP rather than complex strategies. FF 13 was like that; I just quit in disgust. I don't think I've ever completed FF VI either though I've played it a couple of times.

Some games have poor "scaling" between ordinary battles and bosses in general. You go along killing fodder and levelling up, then, bam, the next boss is ridiculously hard in comparison. I had that problem with the optional boss at the end of the Nalbina Dungeons in FF 12, until I figured out the accessory I needed.

Games like Chrono Cross where you can get different endings depending on how you complete it make defeating the final boss worthwhile. It even gives you an incentive to fight him or her again.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote