View Single Post
Old 2010-06-18, 17:33   Link #1239
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
The reason why I enjoyed Angel Beats so much is because it is the closest thing to a Little Busters the Anime. The vibe is the same. It has a strong Maeda feel to its writing and the scenarios are always over-the-top. Anyone who has played the Visual Novel would say the same.

This is, like all KEY works, an anime for KEY fans. We've been asking for an animated version of Little Busters for a loong time now and we finally got something similar.

Look - if you didn't enjoy it is my opinion that you weren't meant to enjoy it. I can assure you that when Angel Beats was created, the creators did not care for even ONE second about what Gaijin thinks of their anime. We are merely accidental onlookers - a minority group who was never meant to exist. (unless you live in Japan)
I think you're getting a bit too worked up over criticism of the show. That Nihonreview link you gave has pretty mild criticism. Sure it sucks to see people beat up on a show you like, but every show gets beaten up like that.

Also, the people who outright hate it in the link amount to 3-4. Though you always have to wonder why people who hate a show are so vocal about it, but w/e. Though really, I don't understand why it's a big deal that a couple of people don't like the show.

It just happens. Some shows don't hit some people, and they don't like it. It's just an opinion. Sure they're not in the target audience but I never liked that argument, because it means most of us here might as well not post if only the people who its intended for have a valid opinion.

There's a line somewhere between criticism and bashing I guess. It's not like someone comes in here and posts "zomg key sucks and everyone that watches their shit just like retarded girls!!" or gives some pretentious BS about how shows should follow some concrete direction of art. Now that is bad.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote