View Single Post
Old 2011-08-28, 13:21   Link #16
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
1. Relationship Trolling - Classic Okada trolling
Anyone catch the bit of Tomoe pouring sake for Ren?

Last episode I was thinking there's no way they can set that one up without it coming across as forced and fake, but now I'm not so sure.

Quote:
Anyways enough trolling by me and to explain why I thought this episode was top notch. Number 1, plot moved. Enishi and Takako got married and despite their idiotic actions in the past, have finally gained at least a little bit of respect by me after Hanasaku Iroha has forcibly tried to chug down my throat that these two are to be taken seriously. And I finally bought it. It just took 4 episodes... which I still think however would have been better spent elsewhere and just not make Enishi and Takako look like clowns from the start.

Number 2, romance development. Better yet, romance resolutions. Tooru overhears the catfight between Ohana and Minko, Tooru admits to liking Ohana and Minko admits to liking Tooru. However, instead of chaos erupting like a typical teen drama would, it actually got resolved. Omg, +1 to that.
I was happy to see these threads end because to be honest they've been the biggest blight on the show recently (No, the Minko/Tohru thread isn't a "blight" - I actually enjoy that thread - but Minko's bitterness felt like a major backslide for her character). But I didn't like the episode just because it got rid of some of the things that have annoyed me - the manner in which they advanced these threads was beautiful in its own right.

And as usual, there's the many little moments that I loved in this episode. Particular standouts for this episode include Minko and Nako trying on the wedding dress and Tohru writing "love" on sashimi. scenes where Nako and Minko tried on the wedding dress.

Quote:
10/10 episode. Unlike episode 20 where i rated it 10/10 because I'm a shameless True Tears fanboy, this one was legit good and definitely the best one since the 2nd cour started. However, due to my troll hypothesis I will continue to expect that HSI episodes are going to be mediocre and be surprised if it's actually good like this week.
I think that this show's past performance pattern would suggest this is the wrong part of the show to expect mediocrity from. The second cour pacing has followed a pattern that (IMO) is very similar to that of the first cour, except without the first cour's introductary arc.

I will admit the previews are always a total trollfest though. Eagerly waiting finding out the what Kou's line means... I will watch, Great Mistress Okada!

(Actually, one final thought. Sui says "I'm thinking of sealing Kissuiso (etc)" - is she still not completely sure of it? Will the final arc involve the staff trying to convince her otherwise?)

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.