View Single Post
Old 2011-07-11, 13:39   Link #63
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
LOL, yet another episode thread hijacked for Kou-bashing... And he didn't even get a flashback this week. Amazing.
When did it even switch on to this topic? I don't even want to go back and look. I guess this show pulls in an audience that is easily polarized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
As for Kou, let me also throw my two cents in. The criticisms are correct, at least insofar as he is never actually thinking of her. Is Kou being 'considerate' of Ohana by thinking he shouldn't pressure her? No, 'cause hell if he were being actually considerate, he wouldn't have confessed in the first place. The hell is up with building up a 'friendship' while harbouring private delusions only to suddenly spring them out in a confession she can't possibly respond to?
There's a difference between "considerate" and "selfless". And what's with "friendship" in quotation marks? We have no reason to think the friendship wasn't genuine. Actually, we don't really know how long they've been friends at all, or how they met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
But really, even after that, the genuine thing to do would have been to apologize, tell her that she doesn't need to worry about his feelings and to take a break for a while, and then let her sort her shit out before trying again to get her answer. "I'm still waiting without actually saying anything"? That's real passive-aggressive shit if I've ever seen it.
Passive aggressive nothing. They talked on the phone just fine afterwards. But bringing it up again could have just made things awkward again. Not bringing it up is exactly letting her sort her shit out. It was the girl and Tohru who pushed the issue.

Last edited by Grey; 2011-07-11 at 13:51.