View Single Post
Old 2008-05-27, 08:17   Link #836
hchuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
So henrietta is is triyng to get closer of Tiffania in vol.14,does she know than she's an(half)elf?And Is she really that manipulative-everyone who can read the novel seem to hate her lately-i tought she was too easily influencenble instead.
Yet i hope than you're right,it would make her more interesting,but i'd like to know if other think like you(and if that's why she's so much hated).
Of course Louise would tell Henrietta the whole truth: elf, void user, everything. Given that, it is not hard to ascribe a not-so-altrustic motivation for moving Tiffania out of her reclusive forest to supposely keep her "out of the wrong hand."

The novel never really gives off any overt "shifty-eye" indication that Henrietta is bad. By all account her portrayal is that of naive, powerless, easily influenced, peace loving etc...

However, there's always an incongruency whenever Henrietta's talking to Louise about avoiding war, whenever she needed Louise to do something. The latest of which is the need to make war with the elves to reclaim the Holy Land. Her peace-loving talk is strongly contrasted with the aggressive way in which she pressed for indemnity from Albion. Just there seems to be a pattern...

In volume 14, Henrietta is mad. Mad at the Pope for scheming an open war with Galia along on. But I think she is really more angry at Pope trying to take away Louise and Tiffania from her.

These are all my own feeling, so don't be angry at me if Henrietta turns out to be really a simple character. Mabbe I am reading into these too much.
hchuang is offline   Reply With Quote