View Single Post
Old 2011-08-29, 21:58   Link #61
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yes, but I can understand Minchi wanting to force the issue; wanting to force Ohana to recognize that Tohru has a crush on her and for her to deal with it. Ohana's obliviousness was making a bad situation much worse for Minchi, so I can't fault Minchi at all for wanting to force the issue with Ohana.

Could she have forced it in a better and more effective way? Most definitely. But this much alone I'll let slide for Minchi.

However, it's simply insane to ask a girl to confess to a guy when she's explicitly telling you that she has a crush on a different guy.
I dunno, I can't let that slide. I can understand Minchi wanting to force the situation, but that's utterly selfish. I thought Tohru was remarkably gracious about the whole thing. I've had one-sided crushes that I was perfectly content to sit on because they were otherwise inappropriate/awkward (professor, co-worker, married, friend's brother ). I don't think I would have forgiven someone who blurted out a detail that private. Screw their intentions. Her motivation was her own pain, not Tohru's feelings.

It's Tohru's crush--expecting Ohana to take action because of it is completely unreasonable. Yes, Ohana is dense, yes, it can be irritating. But if the other person has a crush and isn't taking any steps to act on it, why is that her problem? Now, if this had been 20 episodes ago and Minchi was shouting about Ko, that'd be the sort of situation I could get behind. He confessed. The whole situation was definitely not optimal, but if you've been leaving someone hanging for weeks/months without at least coming to an understanding, that's not fair.