View Single Post
Old 2014-05-06, 10:26   Link #1547
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
All that bitching about the character designs as if your childhood had been violated and ruined.
Not at all. This doesn't take anything at all away from the 90s Sailor Moon anime. In fact, by sheer comparison, it makes it look better to me. I now have a new appreciation for how superbly balanced those 90s character designs are.

Now, is it your position that character designs are unimportant? That people shouldn't say anything at all against character designs that they think look terrible? Anime is an audio-visual medium, and character designs go a long way to determining the quality of the "visual" part. They're just as legitimate a point of critique as anything else is, including the plot. Bad plots tend to get very heavily criticized here on Anime Suki, and nobody seems to see anything illegitimate about all of that "bitching". So why should critiques of character designs be any different?

Quote:
I'll laugh because yall end up watching it anyway.
I'll almost certainly watch an episode or two of it. But if those episodes look very bad to me, it's not very likely I'll continue watching it.