View Single Post
Old 2014-05-06, 20:26   Link #1559
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Utena and Escaflowne have much healthier-looking legs than Sailor Moon 2014's character designs do. I'd be fine with the Sailor Moon 2014 designs having legs just like those.

Solace, do you really not understand why some of us think that these Sailor 2014 character designs have legs with a bad combination of very long and very thin?

Escaflowne's legs are thin, but not terribly long. Utena's legs are long, but not terribly thin.
Right, and you also have the manga which shows both long and thin. I'm not playing dumb here, I know what you guys are complaining about. I'm saying it's baffling because it's clear where the designs are being influenced and that it's hard to make a fair judgment until it can be seen in motion. There is a huge difference in design versus animation, it's why many people prefer manga over anime and vice versa.

Besides all that, character designs aren't always exactly like the final product. Hell, there's plenty of anime that aren't exactly like the final result. Shaft, I'm looking at you. ><