View Single Post
Old 2009-07-10, 11:25   Link #1124
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS
Well the point was that under the Destiny Plan it wouldn't matter whether you were a corperate CEO or a janitor as everyone would supposedly be treated the same and get what they need and people would all make nice and make their sole priority doing "good" things.
I don't recall the show itself ever explaining in detail how the Destiny Plan functioned (as opposed to what it was supposed to accomplish). Can you point out where this is laid out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young
Maybe. The Destiny Plan is Technocratic Genetic Communism That works (tm), except that it's neither based on actual genetics, communism, nor would it actually work IRL. But then, most of Seed (and Gundam in general) wouldn't actually work IRL, so you just have to accept it as is... which is that it actually does establish peace, and isn't some dystopian nightmare. (Dissidents who dislike the plan, for example, are free to leave whenever they like.)
A good part of the theme of Destiny is that grand plans like this don't work; and that trying to implement them blindly is likely to produce a result counter to the original goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45
Well seed is a fictional world with fictional works and charactors.. I cant see y destiny's plan cant workout. If the world can have world peace with lacus around even tho i think its a load of horse S**T, its still a fictional setting with fictional crap!
The reason why the Destiny Plan won't work is because it doesn't take into account human nature. While it's quite possible to have extended periods of peace (at least regionally), ending war is impossible using some sort of grand scheme. Heck, even unpopular concepts that are universally recognized are impossible to eradicate in this manner. Having the Destiny Plan magically work is just as bad as having some sort of plan that uses some means to eradicate racism, or laziness or that make all children behave properly. People just don't tick that way, and one of the strengths of Seed Destiny is that it is fully understands this, and works it into the story (albeit a bit clumsily).