Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-24, 01:29   Link #3405
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I would bet more on Chieri as Yuuko. I think her soul purpose would be more aligned with what we saw with Yuuko, while Nagisa makes me think more of Acchan, like how she acted on Tundrastar, wanting the people there to see the AKB live, similar to what Acchan tells Tsubasa is her reason for doing performances.
I kinda disagree on that. I think there's quite a bit of parallelism between Acchan and Chieri. For example, during her election speech Chieri said "I love you all" and Acchan said pretty much the same thing when she was talking with Mariko in this episode (in a flashback). Furthermore, in episode 13 Acchan told Mariko she wanted to do concerts because she wanted to meet the fans, not because the fans were waiting for her. This is the same thing Chieri said when she was asking Tsubasa to let them perform in Rankastar (Chieri used pretty much the same wording than Acchan did too).

There's also how Nagisa has declared Chieri as her rival. It's kinda like how Yuuko always says that Acchan is her rival. Chieri on the other hand is more like Acchan in that they don't have any specific rivalry. Chieri competes with Nagisa and Yuuko because these two challenged her first.

Than again, maybe all this is misdirection. It wouldn't be rare coming from Kawamori. All I'm saying is that there is enough ground work to make Chieri an Acchan successor if they wanted to.