View Single Post
Old 2014-07-04, 01:16   Link #34515
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
But in a way it's sad. If Sayo's dead she never had the chance to deliver a message to Ange or try to, nor to think there was a message she needed to deliver to her.
While it is true that the current state of things makes Sayo's fate a very miserable one, I'd prefer her to be actually dead in terms of dramatic story purposes.

Quote:
I like Ange's reasoning and her wish to understand so as not to continue the chain of misfortune even if those words still reveals a maturity that's just... not Ange... unless the visual helps to deliver them in a more Ange-like way?
Well, I think it's not unlike Ange. EP4 has already shown that she is not stupid and not necessarily immature, she is just very head-strong and stubborn, just like her brother. The few moments of rational thinking she has in EP4 and 6 (and from now in EP8), actually show that she has become quite mature and it was just her not knowing and especially not being told anything, being handled like a child, that kept her back.

Quote:
In a way I'd like to give a better look at that one truth. Ep 7 never explained
Well, the new EP7 chapter this month (sorry, didn't have the spare change to buy that one, only read it in the store) goes up to the Tea Party when the letter is being read out by Maria, so next month should be the massacre by Kyrie and Rudolph. I will definitely go and buy that one.
Btw. I found it interesting again how it is Eva's last words to Ange from EP3 that open the play here...makes an interesting hint towards where to place it on the "Ange-timeline".

Quote:
Honestly I'm curious about Ikuko. I wonder if her problem was that she was porly planned (or that Ryukishi changed his mind about her along the way) sos he came out as weirder than she needed to be and therefore more suspicious. Well, we'll see. Again thank you a lot for the translation!
I think she was just poorly inserted into the plot, since EP6 gave practically no hint at all that she might be somebody else than Hachijô Tôya, so the whole Ikuko thing came very much out of left field...and much of the Featherine character leaves Ikuko with very few actual motivation beside the one we get in the Interlude (both VN and manga), that she is simply just WEIRD.

I wouldn't mind her to turn out to be actually kind of a bad person in the way that she didn't care much for the pain she caused Tohya and Ange...or that she did it unknowingly...but I'd also just like to know a little bit more about what her motivations were.
The explanation that she really is God-mode Featherine inserting herself into the world of men would be similarly disappointing as Hanyû suddenly being there in Higurashi's Matsuribayashi...something that irks me till this day.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote