View Single Post
Old 2013-05-12, 11:36   Link #238
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Xillia 1 sold over 700k, possibly lifetime 1m. 650k is not over that.
Yes, I know that Xillia sold over 700k, but IMO Namco Bandai still overestimate their product if they think almost 85% of those buyer are going to return buying a sequel with just a little update(and I don't think they sold more than 1m, considering Japanese game sales trend, very high 1st week sales, then almost no sales after that). They could have took FFXIII and FFXIII-2 number to estimate how many % of returning customer will buy for a direct sequel product with minor update in a current gen console (it's 697k to 1,7 million coppies BTW, not surprising considering criticism with the game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
From my understanding, Tales of Destiny 2 accomplished this task and sold more than Destiny 1.
Wait, Destiny 2 sold more than Destiny 1? I'm having a hard time believing that since Destiny 1 got a complete remake on PS2 while Destiny 2 only got a port on PSP.

In fact, Wikipedia number(I know, not the most accurate source, but it's something) says that Destiny 1 on PS1 sold for 1,139,000 copies while destiny 2 sold only for 977,000 copies for PS2(around 85%, but Destiny was the outlier considering its the most successful tales game saleswise in Japan), and remember, Destiny 2 was majorly improved over Destiny 1 since they're made on different generation of console, which usually lead to more expectation from their old customer(I still remember how excited I was with FFXIII, which turn out to be a big disappointment ).
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote