View Single Post
Old 2009-02-07, 19:24   Link #304
tanqexe

It would be more of a competition instead of a "post your own idea and let other people appreciate it" thread, so they serve different purposes, just like how in Fan Creations individual artists can show off their work in their own gallery threads but a competition is a separate thread. Just like contests in that forum, popular vote is how the winner will be determined.

A competition helps to push people to develop better technical ideas as to what is actually feasible in the 00 universe. It's also a writing challenge because people who do enter the contest won't be allowed to submit any drawings, but have to rely on their words to best convey not just their technical ideas, but also physical descriptions in a concise manner.

Naturally when there's a prize of some sort people are more motivated to participate and do their best As stated, I will create the concept art and paint a depiction of the winning entry based on how creative the person was in using the 00 technology, given the constraints, and how clear they were in describing their design. On top of that, nobody will have a precise edge over anyone else because they cannot provide an image of the design they have in mind.

If this thread hinges on the matter of art skill as the prize, I do have samples that I can provide.