View Single Post
Old 2009-09-26, 14:42   Link #188
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Also, Ace took the words right out of my mouth in this chapter. Luffy is such a weakling in comparison to these monsters
After some thought, I take back what I said here. I'm under the impression that Ace called Luffy weak because that is how he remembered him before he left and became a pirate. When looking at the Luffy back then, who even with his rubber fruit powers couldn't even beat Ace without his fire logia abilities, that statement is certainly true. However, little does Ace know that Luffy has grown substantially since then. It's simply wrong to call Luffy weak anymore at this point in the story (which is presumably half-way, if not further). Sure he has a while to go before he can compete with the elites, but the fact that he actually injured the beast with such a high fortitude for damage/pain (aka my man Blackbeard ) definitely indicates that he's no pushover. Blackbeard even commended him by saying that Luffy's stronger than he thought and that his Haki has improved since their last encounter. That does say something.