View Single Post
Old 2010-06-21, 15:47   Link #11377
Sentou
Ace Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kaisen View Post
Who says it is?

Sure, it's compelling as a theory, but it's certainly not confirmed. Especially with all this great Erika theorycraft going on in the Dawn thread.

I do agree that if Shkanon is, in fact, true, then Jessica has to be in on everything in some fashion and is definitely a Beatrice.
I do always use "if" with Shkanon. And the end of episode 6 does seem to indicate that Erika is already dead.

But with the Erika is dead theory, one needs the Jessica is Battler theory as well. Which, mind you, could very well be true.

Episode 6 ends with Jessica still in the dark about -SOMETHING- with Kanon. Shannon chatises Kanon for it.

Whatever that may be is not really a big deal at the moment, but the dramatic set up it sets up for is. I think that in episode 7, [if Jessica is innocent in regards to all that occurs around her, she'll be tortured by Bernkastel, climaxing in a denial of her parents At this point in time, I can't see her as not part of the major mystery as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Sentou, there's a lot of "doubletrice" stuff going on, though most of it was tied to Pony Theory. If you isolate it from that, you can easily conclude the presence of two Beatrices. Ep6 practically spells it out for you, and Bern was saying as much all the way back in ep1.

Though we have physical evidence of only one Beatrice, we can't be sure there isn't someone posing as Beatrice (through letters, for instance, but no disguise). And we can't be sure there isn't someone exploiting the Beatrice legend for murders (they would thus be "Beatrice," even if they don't really think they are).
"Doubletrice", catchy name. Kinda like Doublemint gum, except it trolls you. But with that said, there is really only one person who would "pose" as Beatrice on the island that would not be Shannon, and that would be Jessica in episode 4. But I can't see that as merely a "pose". The mannerisms, the looks, the tone, the Beatrice Battler met in episode 4 did not seem like an act.

Last edited by Sentou; 2010-06-21 at 15:54. Reason: adding a response
Sentou is offline   Reply With Quote