View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 15:32   Link #31
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
For the console, you can see it like a repairing prog for your PC, it repaired Yui so that she could operate normal again, you know in the last ep if you paid attention Yui often spoke in broken sentences and with quite easy words, that was because she was broken
I think it's a bit of a stretch to come to that conclusion based on what was shown in the anime, though she did explain that her system had accumulated errors, and obviously that it was a GM portal.

I guess, if that's true, then:

1. Somehow entering that room (and the desperate situation) caused Yui to realize/remember that this was a GM portal.

2. She accessed the portal, repaired her own system, and gave herself the admin privileges to erase the "guardian" (as Deltaray aptly named it)

3. She realizes that her actions will not be forgiven by Cardinal, but still reveals the terminal to Kirito/Asuna to prove her claims.

4. It just so happens that Kirito has the skills needed to operate that terminal (and presumably to think that he'll be able to find some way to restore Yui's AI somehow if they get out).

So we can at least come to the conclusion that Kirito has some degree of skill in this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That makes no sense either. Why would an admin need an external console? They should have the console built into their Nerve Gear, easily accessible from their menu to use whenever they need to.
Well, perhaps this gives them command-line access to the system, and for that you really want to use a real keyboard rather than an "on-screen" (in air) one? (I guess they could have just created a keyboard object... ) I guess another reason could be that it's some sort of backup in case things go wrong. Or perhaps it's just some sort of protocol for the AIs (since they don't have NerveGear) that they have to go to a physical game location to get Admin access (and can't use it elsewhere in the game)? Who knows...