View Single Post
Old 2012-06-28, 01:59   Link #930
mironicus

My summary of the situation:
As long as Yozora sticks to the past, Kodaka will continue to constantly feel uneasy, guilty, and responsible for her.
For years Kodaka had those dreams that gives him the impression that he might have betrayed his best friend because he left her alone.
He wants to cut off this links, but he also don't want Yozora to hate him, and she don't let him go as long she sticks to the past.

And the following is my own speculation:
So he might even refuse Sena's offer to marry him because of this. But this will make him feel even more unlucky. Kodaka knows now that there is a girl that really loves him, and of course Kodaka also wants to be able to freely fall in love with someone he likes.

"So, you want to leave me again like you did ten years ago? I'll never let her have you! You belong to me, Taka! You belong to me for the rest of your life!"
This is what Yozora "might" think. She carries elements of this trauma with her everyday. She carries elements of her terror into every relationship and every classroom.

Well, you don't expect for Sena to give up on him so easily? Of course not. And also Rika might ask Kodaka why he refused her. As his best friend now, he might open his heart to her, and maybe also to Sena.

After this, the girls will confront Yozora that she makes him feel responsible for leaving her alone. And now Yozora is responsible for Kodaka to feel unlucky. Of course, Yozora don't want Kodaka to feel like this. They will talk. However... if she releases him from his guilt, she will loose him again. Even though he will not stand at her sight, she still can stand behind him and support him. As long as Kodaka is happy, she will be happy too.

After being released, Kodaka will confess to the girl he really likes.

Quote:
The fact that she was concerned about whether she looked good or not makes me think she probably already liked him and so wanted to be seen as a girl. Whether she was aware of that fact is the question.
At the end of Volume 6 Yozora changes her very attractive outfit to a very plain one after the others members told her that she looks very sexy in it. And Kodaka really liked her outfit. Even on their date in Volume 7, she still wear those plain clothes. So at the end she is more concerned about she looks herself, she don't want to stand out - another problem of a natural loner like her.

To be selfish is just natural for a person that is alone and has no friends. Kodaka's personality is not selfish, because he has his sister and he always takes care of her. It's just a natural thing for him to help others. On the other hand it is sad that he has no one that can support him if he has problems on his own (so he needs a friend). Sena, Yozora and Rika seems to be only childs. And Sena obviously sees Kobato as a sister she never had. Sena and Rika are able to change their personalities because they are now able to care for others.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-06-28 at 03:09.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote