View Single Post
Old 2012-02-08, 05:49   Link #27
haegar
mangaviking

there was bound to be some little pause in development after all the epicness so I am not too suprised by the chapter. It had some nice little moments, the beginning with Naruto mocking Tobi and the momentarily fake notion of Tobi sweating Guy feeling old was a good one too.

As for all the folks coming, I thought it was overdue to see how the sensory ninjas comment on Naruto releasing the Kyubi but that everybody is running towards Naruto is a tad brainaddled considering there still might be some tenthousand Zetsus wrecking havoc and the Kage's also needing help. And let's face it, both these battles are not made for lower-tier fighters to help as a group - but of the two the Bijou battle is the one where other fighters seem much more displaced.

I supose this is to showcase how Naruto's relationships to everybody is changing, how this is different to when he fought Pain and also how it is different to after that when it was only Konoha supporting him. This whole saint role still kinda is getting on my nerves but I guess if Kishi wants to do that than he needs those "believers" as background. However, I think they are just a red herring to reintroduce Sasuske - cause everybody will think "Oh now he's gonna level all those footsoldiers, specially the ones from Konoha" only that he won't cause something else happens, like i.e. Itachi or Kabuto ...

As for some stuff mentioned, I don't see Hinata dying atm or anybody else. There would have been moments to do that before during the war and he didn't. So I expect no terminal losses of importance anytime soon.

And I just hope slayer is wrong about Sasuske redeeming himself and shipping off to Sakura finally... Now that would suck indeed.

To the "Tobi" madara, Sasuke seems to be more important than the Bijou plan, which I find to be interesting. That would point at somebody being an Uchiha or otherwise closely connected, after all. It seems to me the only thing he could possibly want to achive is to prod Sasuske far enough towards darkness that he reaches the same, or another level as Edo-Madara himself.

Last edited by haegar; 2012-02-08 at 06:15.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote