View Single Post
Old 2009-06-17, 18:03   Link #15
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai the Reaper View Post
Windows XP Minimum Specifications
Damnation, I've been avoiding SP3 like the plague ever since it trashed my mother's computer.

Quote:
20 GB HD space
FRAK! What am I going to have to uninstall this time? Is there anything left that doesn't have some stupid arbitrary limit on number of installations? *wanders off to search for some way to clear up hard drive space*

Quote:
Anyway, I admit that I didn't play to NWN2, because I tried the first game and it was not as good as I thought it would be (was expecting a true BG in 3D... )
Important note about Neverwinter 2. The original campaign is long, somewhat tedious, predictable, and just not really that interesting a story. Not BAD, per se, but it gets bogged down in itself at times. By contrast, the Mask of the Betrayer expansion is very well-written with a far more interesting and coherent storyline, a very different setting, and is just all around better. It's hard to fathom that it could have been written by the same people who made the original.

And I can only presume they fired those people some time before they came out with Storm of Zehyr, which drops all the good parts of MotB, brings back several bad parts of the original campaign, and then comes up with a few more bad bits of game design, because it had somehow figured it hadn't reached critical mass yet. The only really GOOD thing that came with it was the Hellfire Warlock prestige class, which FINALLY makes the warlock able to survive as the main character.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote