View Single Post
Old 2010-09-11, 04:34   Link #3518
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
I recently read a few chapters of the manga(chap 3?) and saw the anime(up to ep 12).

Here is my short rant: I am usually a fan of these shounen type series with super powers battling it out... but something is clearly lacking in this manga/anime. The battles feels like its a just show case of magic power, with no actual fighting nor tactics. Secondly, the characters feels bland, mostly the main female lead. She looks great but lacks substance in everyway: feels like shes there just to be in awe at the other characters. Sure you can argue that I am quick to make a judgement but it feels like this will be the trend for the rest of the series.

I am not sure why this series became so popular but will give it a few more chapters/episodes.
you've only read 3 chapters? then you haven't seen much of Lucy's background and development. You'd come to like her more later. I didn't like her that well at first too. But her character really grew on me.

Back to the most recent chapter though. I never thought it's the real Lisana! very eager to see how this additional character would alter the plot and add new elements into the story. Will we see Lisana join Natsu's gang or Lisana, Elfman and Mirajane reforming their trio team?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote