View Single Post
Old 2008-02-23, 11:05   Link #137
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Let's make it clear that you are not the first to propose Saji should become a pilot; that's been suggested for months, ever since he appeared on screen.
REALLY??? Do you remember seeing me discussing it too? Because I was.

Quote:
And you still don't understand what I meant; the JSDF is a self-defense force. It does NOT have the authority to hunt Gundams. And it certainly wouldn't be allowed to have a faux GN-drive until the drive becomes commonplace. This is the same kind of misunderstanding as the concept for firearms in Japan; in many ways, Japan voluntarily had its hands tied militarily.

As I mentioned before, currently the real-life Japan has enough technical knowledge, funds, and plutonium in storage, to build a thousand nuclear weapons. But they don't do it.
For that same reason, they wouldn't get a GN-drive because the Doves in the government would go ballistic.
Japan is against NUKES. PERIOD. Quite fitting of course.

They are not against ALL new military technology. Otherwise they wouldn't have been the happy recipient of the US's new anti-ballistic missile system a couple months ago. At the behest of quite a few nations too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Does Saji got nano-machine HAX piloting-interface injected into his bloodstream? Because the Nadesico cook got that...
Why not? His FATHER remember? His FATHER.

Just because we didn't get much foreshadowing yet, doesn't mean it hasn't happen.