View Single Post
Old 2012-09-25, 22:03   Link #380
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Rushing down the strongest Knight of Knights out of Brune (who strikes fear into everyone including the Vanadis) and barely dodging a slash from Durandal in order to save a beaten Vanadis isn't brave? I beg to differ. Just because Tigre is an archer doesn't mean that he is heroic, considering that he charges into the fray many, many times in order to quickly turn the tide of battle and save as many of his soldiers as he possibly can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Isn't that what the Vanadis do? The tactician and sword thing, I mean.

About why people want a sword-using hero, take a look at Heroes Prefer Swords on Tv Tropes. It gives a pretty good explanation in the second paragraph.
The Vanadis are all capable warriors, generals and politicians, but they only stick to their Viralts. They only fight with one weapon, and they are more than very proficient with what they use. Same with Tigre.

So I don't see why Tigre has to suddenly use a sword, when all the Vanadis stick to what they all do best. Why does the main character suddenly have to live up to a new standard just for the sake of being cool and cripple everything that made him good in the process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Just want to ask if it's specifically stated that only those of Tigre's line can use the bow? If so, I wonder does the duke who's wary of it's power ever try to assassinate Tigre in order to get rid of this threat like he did for Roland.
Tigre closely resembles the ancestor who received the Black Bow from Tir na Fa, according to the goddess herself. It's heavily implied that not only his line can use the Black Bow, but that Tigre himself was the one the bow was waiting for.

Voljenoi went to pay Tigre and Lyudmila a "visit", but in the end he got pushed away by Tigre using the power of the Black Bow in tandem with Lyudmila's Viralt. If you put it in RPG terms, Voljenoi's visit ended up triggering an event battle from which Tigre levelled up and gained a bit more affinity with the bow. Ganlon made the wise choice; to leave Tigre as he is (and not send any enemies which might end up forcing Tigre to gain more affinity with the Black Bow's power) up to Tenaldie where he knew that they would just end up fighting with just their armies and not rely on the power of the bow. Little did Ganlon know about what would happen later...

Ganlon only managed to assassinate Roland because he did not have Durandal with him at the time during his visit to the palace. Ganlon saw his opportunity to be completely inhumanely horrible and he took it.

PS. Again, this isn't shounen. *groans*

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-25 at 22:24.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote