View Single Post
Old 2012-10-19, 14:13   Link #320
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Yeah, cheating is when the A.I. doesn't follow the same rules as the human player the A.I. does cheat BTW, it can teleport around in fog of war. On the other hand increasing stats IMO is not cheating.

What makes early game even harder is that light plasma rifles also have +10 aim bonus so basically thin man have the same aim as your high ranking snipers.

BTW another downside of doing the alien base attack later rather than earlier means that you'll never get to see Sectoid Commander in other maps (I've never seen one so far )

Anyway today I managed to miss twice on higher than 90% chances, both misses lead to deaths. That was frustrating to say the least.
Ouch, any particular area you're having trouble with (base management or squad management) I'm sure people here are willing to give (conflicting) advice. ;p
Research and Engineering are just not going fast enough for me so I get behind in weapons and armor. I'm basically outgunned when the Heavy Floaters show up and the Elite mutons just steamrolls me. Money is a issue too, I guess I don't know what to prioritize first.

I'm starting to notice a lot of bugs with the game.

-Enemies coming out of the freaking walls. This especially happens often with floaters!
-Enemies suddenly pop out of no where.
-Game hangs too often on alien's turn.
-Occsionally aliens can see and shoot me when I can't see them. Often happens with Sectopods.
-Direct hits sometimes don't hit at all. It hangs in a action shot and doesn't register the hit at all.
-The annoying elevation bug. The cursor seems to like highlighting the lower levels instead of the level the soldier is on.