View Single Post
Old 2018-04-23, 00:37   Link #33
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
1. Thing is though, Sanji doesn't really develop. We certainly learn more about his character, but character development is about how characters grow and change, and Sanji's comes out of this arc as pretty much the same character he was before it began.

2. What did Sanji really learn through this arc and how has he changed?

3. As for his family, I think it would have been better if they either truly acknowlegded him, or if it turned out that Sanji learned something new about his family that changed his outlook on them. I think it would have also helped if their was more depth to Judge and his ambitions. Like his desire to restore the family kingdom had somekind of sympathetic element to it which is what drove him to be so hard on his family. It could lead to Sanji seeing his father in a different light, and add that to his family learning to appreciate him... the point is that A lot of snaji's past problems feel like they are dealt with

4. Overall, I agree with detractors that this didn't feel like the year of Sanji... Sanji did get focus, but i don't think he got the development he needed for this arc to really shine. Its like a lot of really great ideas, that didn't quite stick the landing. And overall good arc, but not even close to being one of the best

1. Character Development means expansion of a character, which we got from Sanji this arc with more of his backstory.

2. He learned more about his mother and Reiju and what his mother actually did, and the truth of why his brothers are such sociopaths, also people are forgetting that it hasn’t been fully confirmed that Sanji dosen’t have any powers, they may simply have been dormant but thankfully Sanji was able to retain his emotions and empathy.

3. Again, you’re forgetting the whole “Vinsmoke Sons had their emotions and empathy repressed by Judges modifications” fisade, this is easier said than done. The problems are not dealt with, we still don’t know the whole history of Germa, Judge gave a hint about that during his scuffle with BM with that song. I think Luffy might give a lecture to Sanji the same way he did to Momosuki about being a king/ruler, the SH haven’t been given the full story from Sanji about his past yet so I think that might go down.
We don’t know if we’re going to jump right into Wano after Reverie, didn’t Zoro and the others have to go find Marco and the WB pirates first? I think between Reverie and Wano we might get a interlude or even a mini arc delving into the Sanji thing a bit more.

4. Can I ask a question to the whole website, was the whole “year of Sanji” ever an official thing? Nintendo’s former president the late Satori Iwata, came on stage and announced the Year of Luigi with even a official banner and him wearing the Luigi cap in his announcements throughout the year.
IIRC Oda never announced the “Year of Sanji”, one of the editors or assistants “apparently” said this only once and this led to the fans making a lot of wanking, and it’s debatable on wether this was simply a poor choice of words or a straight up mistranslation.

All of this arc’s complaints seem to be based on misinformation and misinterpreted hype, like how people jumped to conclusions and incorrectly assumed the arc was over when the Whole Cake Castle collapsed, ignoring the fact that the cast was still in BM’s large multi island territory.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote