View Single Post
Old 2012-11-12, 15:31   Link #233
calubin_175

There is a subtle difference in the head sensor area between the Type 00R and Type 00F, but it won't be reflected in the Revoltechs.

Revoltechs seem to be dead at the moment after the Raptor, maybe their license expired or could not be renewed since Kotobukiya is at full swing at the moment and opt for exclusivity. Revoltechs do have poor finish quality though but it is a low budget economy line compared to Kotobukiya and A3.

Collecting and investigating about TSF's is almost the same for Mortar Headds of Five Star Stories. Both line of mechs have been extremely exclusive in terms of merchandising. Unlike Gundam or other anime exposed mecha characters, TSFs and MHs are very aesthetics focused, rather than on gimmicks or function. With Gundams(MS), people tend to decide on which character they like based on whoever has the spam cannon or insane speed. Whereas, since TSFs and MHs have homogenous weapons in their respective contexts(sword and shield; guns and sword), mecha enthusiasts like us would care more about the beauty of the mech and its background affiliation. It is more like looking at cars and planes as their function gimmicks don't really change.

Indeed, what an expensive hobby of the premium sub-mecha genre. i am sure these designs won't die for another decade.

I think I'll go with Revoltech and then just buy one Kotobukiya non scale for display. Kind of like how I have three Revo ZOE Jehuty's and one Kotobukiya one.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote