View Single Post
Old 2007-09-16, 18:27   Link #440
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirouni View Post
Nah, I think Shinn is cool too. What pisses me off is when people say they don't like him because he always pissed off. 2 years, for what happened to his parents and his sister is nothing. Watching your family die isn't something you get over so quick... it's one of those things that may never go away. So can you really blame him? That cell phone is just like a picture to him. I highly doubt that at least HALF of the people that criticize him are fortunate enough to have never lost anybody really close to them.
Um, I believe *all* of the main characters lost somebody close to them. Let's go down the list:

Goddess: Mother died of illness when she was still young, father assassinated. Yes, the Goddess's mother died of illness by this logic: if she was alive, we'd see the Goddess's mother with her. She isn't. And by anime/RPG cliches, all of the beautiful women die young, like when their children are still kids.

God: His best friend got Tolle'd.

Red knight: His best friend got Niccol'd. Mother killed senselessly, father went lunatic and died in the process before his eyes.

Better-off-as-a-soldier-tomboy: Her father blew himself to smithereens. An entire fleet of hers was incinerated before her eyes.

Murrue: Lost her bondage mistress, lost Mwu for a year.

Andy: Lost Aisha, one eye, one arm, and some of the functionality of one of his legs.

So by comparison, Shinn had absolutely no right whatsoever to keep bitching. But I guess you're doomed to failure when you're a fusion of Anakin Skywalker and Saucegay. Too much impatience, stupidity, and emo in one package that nobody short of the Goddess could undo. And no amount of strength can measure up to a pilot piloting a gundam imbued with Goddess Dust.