View Single Post
Old 2009-07-15, 20:34   Link #18
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Well, dumb-dumbs, the romance WAS featured in the game. To make that romance work you almost HAVE to have the war as a part of it.
In the game it felt like it was part of the story. In the anime it feels like it is the story while the whole war thing is just some fancy toys to decorate this shoujo schoolgirl's romance.

Father Hentai, it depends on what you define as a Main character. If you mean that welkin will end up holding Alicia's hand and dumbly staring into a sunset - then most probably it will be it, yet for me the main character feels the one who gets the most of the focus through the majority of the series rather than the one who gets a good end.

Like lets say in School Rumble, the main character is supposed to be Tenma, but we probably all agree that that during the time Harima became the main character and got more focus than Tenma. But SR still ended with Tenma's story resolved while Harima's ending was turned into a crappy pie fight. Yet I still do not feel like Tenma was the main character.

Similar feeling I have in here too. It is not just that Faldio is perfect these last few episodes while Welkin is a totally useless, but more that through the course of these 15 episodes you get the feeling that Faldio gets more focus and attention than Welkin does, the last few episodes are the peak of it, but the episodes before are like that too.

If only it was just one two episodes then you could say they focus on the character for a moment just to make him some of a rival to the main one, but since this happens during the most of the series, you start confusing yourself of whose the actual lead is.

Take away the game knowledge and the OP and you will see that so far Welkin does not look like that much of the main character here.

It feels more like there is a single main character - Alicia, while Welkin and Faldio play their roles in this shoujo triangle story with war setting, but between them more focus and attention goes to Faldio.

I guess I am saying that when the half of the series pass and you can still argue on who the main lead is, then that means script-writers are doing something wrong (either giving too much focus on Faldio or too little focus on Welkin) as from OP and the game we know that their should be two main leads, yet so far only one lead is spotted (Alicia).