View Single Post
Old 2010-04-06, 02:37   Link #7688
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
If he'd had the ring up until his death, Krauss would be ballistic over someone having taken it from his corpse. If, on the other hand, the ring disappeared some time before, he might make less of a deal about it. I'm sure he'd still want to know where it is... but he couldn't really pin anyone as a potential thief if Kinzo himself disposed of the ring somehow.
I think Krauss and Natsuhi would've still raged at the ring being stolen. Unless... I keep coming back to the topic of Kinzo's will because I can't think of anything else that would cause those two to obey. I mean those two thing their essentially master of the island if there isn't anything else like a real Beatrice or Kinzo's will. You could bribe Krauss, maybe but Natsuhi is into that 'pride' thing about Krauss being the head.... Also, I don't think you could get Rosa to obey very easily and you could NEVER get Kyrie to obey if you used coercion. If you used a bribe maybe, but I'm sure she'd suspect something and foil your plans. Yet she lied to Battler in EP4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
I suppose a third option could be that Rosa just choose to maintain the illusion that Kinzo was still alive to keep everyone calm.

Considering all the murders that had just occurred anything extra would just make things worse.
Yah, that's a possibility for her to keep her silence right there. But in those scenes afterward where she's kicked out the servants and is just arguing with Battler, I would imagine Rosa would've trotted out that idea of the servant's conspiracy to Battler as proof of their 'guilt.'

Also, Rosa may die pretty quickly but if we're talking about her actions up to the first twilight and then include any actions afterwards when she does survive, it seems like there's a lot of hints already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Exactly why she covers for Genji and Shannon though, I couldn't say, given how distrusting of the servants she is otherwise.
By the way, after Natsuhi was proven innocent despite her schemes, I've noticed that I've suddenly been reluctant to finger people as the culprit even if I suspect them of a conspiracy. The servants, George and Shannon (although less for those two now), Rosa, Kyrie... and especially Kanon. It feels like I just do NOT want any of them to be the culprits.

So.. it's Gouda after all. He's a convenient fall guy. 8)
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote