View Single Post
Old 2009-03-13, 14:17   Link #233
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
He was talking about the life after the choice, the relationship between wife and husband then father and daughter, not the ending. He did say "as realistically as possible". This means, as close to reality that an anime where comatose girls send their ghosts to school, cats turns into shoutas and suitcase surviving a plane crash get passed around the world until it reaches an orphan can afford it.

How the hell are you denying that? What do YOU need more? If you just say that for the sake of "being indie and different", I'll answer with my middle finger and say I can be part of the herd for all I care. Because I want to enjoy a story for what it was. And that was what Clannad did to me.
Even then it's not quite so realistic. Things aren't always that happy in the end for families and dead mothers don't come back to life to be there for their daughters after some contract with the town they live in is fulfilled. My Neigbours The Yamada's, that would be a better example of something that portrays family life somewhat realistically. Clannad is no better at portraying family life accurately than Leave it To Beaver or The Brady Bunch, it's just good at portraying an idealistic family life. Though if that's what Kinny meant then I can accept that.

And on some levels I do enjoy Clannad for what it is, yet on other levels I cannot, this is again why I can't give this series anything even approaching a masterpiece nod. I know I've mentioned this before, but 10/10's don't come easy from me and my final evaluations mix hits and misses in a way that seems dead as a far as anime reviewing goes these days. If you want me to leave you with a hit then I felt the show was very prettily animated compared to your average VN adaptation. In fact it left your average VN adaptation in the dust animation wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
And I was wondering where our friend Kaioshin had disappeared off to the past few weeks, seems like he's been saving up on plenty of ammo just for this, having a go at the series with every opportunity he gets. And the ending has provided him with ample supply to go all guns blazing and doing what he does best whenever it involves Kyo-Ani: bashing them.
Son, if I was merely looking for ammo to fire off at Kyoani then Munto TV is like the equivalent of them handing me an Ideon Gun. I'm just trying to have a discussion here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon

So you see it as your duty to destroy other people's enjoyment of a series you personally don't like, in the name of "fairness".

I see.
The only way what I am saying could diminsh people's enjoyment of the series is if people acknowledge that their is indeed some truth to what I am saying and change their minds about the ending. Like I said though, I'm just trying to have a discussion and to add a different take on this show that isn't just 10/10 perfect thank you KeyAni may I have another. Though I think you should just be thankful that I am not like some of the people you'll meet on the Gundam boards I frequent who prejudge everything and wouldn't have even given this show a chance. I could just as easily have written it off as a moeblob parade after the first episode like I've seen others do, but I stuck it out and gave it it's due and was actually far more impressed then I ever though I would be. Still not enough to grovel before it, but impressed by some aspects of it nonetheless.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-03-13 at 14:34.