View Single Post
Old 2011-03-23, 19:28   Link #1440
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
I don't know what it's like in other countries, but I guess it'd probably be similar to Dutch TV celebrities: Get their place in the spotlight for a couple years, then get only minor roles, to eventually be phased out completely. No old people on TV. They're probably doing the same to seiyuu; hire young talented seiyuu, give them less work as they get older and when they get too old, fire them.
I wouldn't say that they fire them. Just give them extremely minor roles in anime. After all, there's a lot of elderly voice actors in Japan (though most of the memorable ones are men). A lot of elderly voice actors have worked until their deaths.

After all, if the logic were true that they would get rid of the old voice actors only after nine years, then how do you explain Dragon Ball Kai? I haven't seen it myself, but from what I've heard, almost all of the main cast reprised their roles, didn't they?

Oh, BTW, I'm just going on a tangent here. I still agree with what you say, VDZ, just that I don't think they go that far.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote