Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-07, 15:33   Link #52
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Hmm... nope. Not ringing a bell. I don't ever remember a time where I or anyone else recommended the Chaos;head anime to someone else.

Also, the reason why people are hating on JCStaff is because they have done not just one, but multiple poor adaptations. The medium may or may not affect how difficult it is to translate it to anime, but a story is still a story. When there are huge changes and contradictions to the story like in Tsukihime or Chaos;head, using blaming the source medium is not a valid excuse.

The point is that there is precedence to be concerned. Even if it doesn't guarantee that an animation studio will butcher a new series, it also doesn't mean there's nothing to worry about.
People tend to ignore what J.C staff has done right, but rather look what they have done wrong.

Biggest example would be that Toradora was adapted excellenty according to the majority of people who saw it.

As for other adaptations: eventhough there were some problems with their light novel adaptations, people still bought the dvd's and blu rays. So you can't exactly say that their decisions affected the sales negatively.

23676 ** Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
14359 *6 Shingetsutan Tsukihime
12290 *8 Ai yori Aoshi
11039 *9 Honey & Clover
10620 *8 Shakugan no Shana
10614 *8 Toradora!
10335 *8 Toaru Majutsu no Index
*9098 *8 Shakugan no Shana II
*7589 *8 Nodame Cantabile
*7513 *6 Ai yori Aoshi ~Enishi~
*7072 *6 Gun Parade March ~Aratanaru Kougunka~
*6737 *9 R.O.D -THE TV-
*6110 *4 Honey & Clover II
*5879 *6 Zero no Tsukaima
*5185 *6 Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~
*4842 *7 Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~
*4803 13 Heppoko Jikken Animation: Excel Saga
*4609 *7 Ikkitousen
*4010 12 Maburaho
*3873 *4 Nodame Cantabile: Pari-hen
*3804 *8 Chicchana Yukitsukai Shuga
*3656 *9 Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~
*3345 *5 Slayers REVOLUTION
*3292 *9 Sky Girls
*3111 *5 Slayers EVOLUTION-R

Even bad ones like slayers Revolution and Evolution-R passed the manabi line.
Maybe not all of the titles on this list are adaptations (i didn't saw some of the titles), but i simply took it from the dvd/bd sales topic as an example that their work do tend to sell well.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Let's stop talking about this subject and go back to the on-topic R;N thread.
Actually it was semi on topic, because we were somewhat talking about bad expectations based on previous works. Chaos head was also an example of a poorly done VN adaptations and the sales somewhat proved it.
*1185 *4 CHAOS;HEAD

Eventhough I.G. has done almost no VN adaptations(i am not even sure if they have done any VN adaptations at all), people are already have their doubts about R;N anime

Last edited by hyl; 2012-05-07 at 15:56. Reason: typos
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote