View Single Post
Old 2006-07-10, 17:26   Link #70
Goya Gokou

About the biblical reference of the monster: I'll put in my two cents on what it ment in the show. For anyone who has evered studied the Bible one can know that parts of the Bible are to be taken as an analogy and some parts Literay. Like many parts of the last book of Revelation come to describe certain weapons they call "Like arrows which will have pinpoint accuray, and not miss they target." You have to relize that when the people who wrote Revelations were from thousands of years ago and they recieved theses messages from thier visions, so they used the best analogy of what they knew to describe this future vision, "IE arrows can be the analogy of cruise missiles today."

The begining Biblical refrences in Monster, is to the Antichrist and the details of him having 10 horns and crowns is an analogy to the New Roman Empire that he will control, think of the old Roman Empire but this is the rebirth of the Empire, what is currently know as the EU but will later be called the new Roman Empire, the idea behind this is that the Antichrist is described in the Bible as "The King of the North" who will come to control this new Roman Empire, which is represented by the 10 horns and crowns and the wounded and rehealing of this is represnted as one of the member Nations of the New Roman Empire will try to break away from the empire and will be wounded yet rehealed as it rejoins the empire later.

Also i would like to commit on Johans Perfect Sucide, ive previously wrote my ideas of what it meant before on ANN forum about Monster but was erased for some unknow reason that they never told me about. There is much more simliarities between Hitler and Johan that are not apparent from the first view, both were unwanted children that used others to get their ways , but the sucide thing is something i only discovered when i watch some History Channel special on the second world war and a German biographer of Hitler who also fought in ww2 as a 15 who lost his older brother in the war, offered up an idea that also fitted Johans Perfect Sucide he said that by the end of the battle for Stalingrad, Hitler knew the war was over, and said that though the reminder of the war Hitler wanted an Armaggedon ending that would follow his death, thus is why he oroded the whole country to be destoryed, as he was to be destoryed a perfect suicide of himself and the nation, but on a much smaller scale for Johan, in the town of Ruhenheim.