View Single Post
Old 2010-02-11, 19:19   Link #151
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
We should ask where you got it? Rightstuf.com or dvdpacific.com are the usual recommended sources for things anime.

See what their exchange policy is...
Yeah, I did the whole ebay thing (stupid me); neither Best Buy nor any local purveyor of anime actually had it (which was very surprising). I will wait on giving out the name until I find out if they will rectify the situation... then I will say who they are and how (good or bad) they handled things.

One that surprises and disappoints me is that the video quality of the DVD seems a little poor. I have had some "static" bands and a few other "blips" appear on the screen while watching. Is this something anyone else has encountered? I was expecting high quality resolution given what I saw on the internet when watching, but this might as well be a VHS to DVD transfer i.e. whatever is wrong on the VHS appears digitally and cannot be hid if it was an original flaw.

Maybe I am being a little critical of the video, and I don't expect Blu-ray (would have gotten it if the had made a hybrid release) but still...