View Single Post
Old 2013-03-24, 05:13   Link #1095
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It wasn't. That was all Okada original to introduce that idea that Aika did whatever she wanted without thinking about others.

That filler flashback was then used to springboard Okada's idea that Yoshino and Mahiro wanted to participate in a warzone because they somehow felt useless as if Aika didn't care about their feelings when she killed herself.

Of course, that sort of contradicts the canon, because Aika did give up her life for them. The fact she was told of a future where they turned out alive and fine is the reason why she thought it was worth giving up her life.
Hakaze very specifically said to Yoshino that Aika died for their sakes. Yoshino is aware that Aika did it her their sakes but that won't stop him feeling powerless.

Quote:
It also makes no sense how Mahiro would want a bigger role in the plan when he is the mastermind behind the plan itself. I'm supposed to believe Mahiro feels unimportant when he's one of the central figures behind the operation?

Come on, Okada.
I think it would feel extremely OOC for Mahiro not to want to be in the thick of it. He doesn't seem like the type of character that would be satisfied just being the thinking guy.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote