View Single Post
Old 2011-06-13, 16:25   Link #61
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
So why do you think Madoka had to kill herself?
Except... Madoka never killed herself?

It's not even like she tried to kill herself to escape the system and inadvertently became God in the process. Her intended solution was "Fuck the rules; I wanna be God."

Quote:
Simple. Because she's also not an exception and that's why her wish was well thought out
That's just to point, though.

Prior to episode 12, it didn't matter how carefully you thought about your wish.

It didn't matter how selfless your intentions were.

Having Kyubey grant your wish always backfires and always brings some form of harm to the people you're trying to protect. That's the entire thesis of the Magical Girl system. The only possible way out is death, and if Shadow Mami and Shadow Kyoko are any indication, apparently not even that can save you in the manga's universe.

You even have the scene where Mami explains using your wish for someone else is the worst thing you can do, and the Sayaka scenario pretty much proves her hypothesis.

Saying "Well no one else thought about their wish carefully enough before" is not only insulting to eons of previous Magical Girls (i.e. it implies they were all shortsighted idiots), it completely contradicts the story's primary theme. The show even openly admits that if Madoka had used the exact same wish in some other universe, it would have been too ridiculous for Kyubey to grant if it weren't for the random Karmic Destiny clause.

Quote:
Most of the statements in your argument start with the word "assuming." That's kind of what I'm talking about.

Quote:
it's also not an all is bright and sunshines/ponies/rainbows ending.
I've actually always praised the ending for being mature enough to acknowledge evil can never be truly defeated, but it doesn't make up for the big stupid acid trip the story went through to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Nah, people in the ep 10 discussion thread saw that Madoka was getting more powerful
And those people used wild speculation. I've been saying that since episode 10 aired. What Madoka-Becoming-God-Makes-Sense supporters don't realize is what they perceive of episode 10 and what's actually shown in episode 10 are radically different things.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote