View Single Post
Old 2009-06-18, 18:56   Link #29
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Battler's voice is very very mature... and aggressive. Aggressive makes sense (even though that tone often bothers me personally), but mature is a little weird. Even if his voice IS supposed to be deep, it still sounds a little too old to me. His voice isn't as off as it could be, but it'll still take me a bit to get used to.

Maria's voice... well after listening to it a few times, I've gotten used to her loud and oddly happy tone. I may still find it annoying once the actual anime starts though, and the voice itself is too similar to a few of Horie's other roles. When I initially heard this voice a while back in a HigurashiXUmineko crossover I had a little trouble telling who was Hanyuu and who was Maria, I still see this as a problem.

Jessica has one of the best voices in my honest opinion, before EVER hearing the voices way back... I actually thought that a voice like Mion's would be more fitting, but I was waaaay off, this voice suits her so much more.

George's voice is also one of my favorites, I love not only how he sounds, but how he speaks. Listening to his voice will be rather pleasant. I've got little to say since I've never really heard many of Suzumura's other roles. But I am pretty impressed with this outcome.

Krauss has a somewhat odd voice to me. I'm not sure what it is about his voice that strikes me as odd, but I just find it a little bit off in some way. The voice acting itself is well done, and his attitude seems to be captured pretty well in my opinion. So this isn't very bad at all.

Rudolf's voice on the other hand isn't what I've expected at all, it sounds to me like something is caught in his throat or something (at a couple of moments at least). I don't know how to really explain it. I imagined a much different voice for him and I don't really like this one that much. But I can probably get used to it.

The voice that bothers me the most is Hideyoshi's. He sounds really weird to me, this voice may annoy me a little after listening to it for a while. Maybe I'll get used to it, maybe I won't... it suits him pretty well, but the voice itself bothers me a bit.

Rosa's voice is too immature, she sounds like she's Jessica's age to me. I've listened to it a few times and I still can't really get why Koshimizu was chosen for Rosa. Don't get me wrong, I love her as Tenma, she's a good seiyuu. But this doesn't match up to me at all, other than being a little softspoken and timid.

Eva sounds just like Takano, only a LITTLE different. Her attitude seems a little more haughty to me and I think it works. It's odd hearing Hanyuu and Takano in Umineko, but in this case I think Eva's attitude and sly character were pretty much pinpointed. I'll just have to get used to it sounding so similar. This is one of my favorite voices as well.

I sure hope that Shannon and Kanon don't sound too weird, it would've been nice to hear them as well.

Last edited by momobunny; 2009-06-18 at 22:57.