View Single Post
Old 2012-10-29, 02:15   Link #114
MarkS00N

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
again, Speed Radars like speedometers never tell anyone "you're wrong" and yes in fact they ARE simple measuring tools. All it does is measure the speed of the target vehicle. that beep you are referring to is NOT A RECOMMENDATION OF WRONGNESS/CRIMINALITY. It will beep as much for a speeding getaway car as it would for a speeding ambulance. it's just a warning that a certain speed has been reached, in fact officers regularly adjust this threshold on the speed radar machine, depending on the location, as I've said different places have different speed limits.that's exactly the gist of what I'm saying SYBIL + DOMINATOR is far from being SIMPLE, it's all encompassing, like saying a five year old can never be a normal person because he is latent criminal. Or recommending execution of a target because he/she is beyond help and therapy. this is a FORCED ANALOGY, reducto ad absurdum. so yeah they are both machines and they both measure something, but Sybil does something after the measurement...
It isn't SIMPLE but it is still basically SIMILAR, a tool that help human to judge not the other way around...

Now let's change from speedometer to medical analysis...
If the blood check determine a baby has AIDS, what people think?
Whether the baby treated as human or not isn't come from diagnosis, but from the people that use the diagnosis as recommendation...

What we don't know in SYBIL is, whether SYBIL commands people (judging the target) or Dominator simply gives fact and provide suitable tool (recommend the user)...
We don't have proof about any of those two but people already judge that SYBIL is judging which so far isn't true because base on how Dominator presented, they merely recommend...

Quote:
I do get what you are saying that both are just Tools (I don't get what you mean by [self-recognition] though I'm pretty sure it was never presented as an AI), but that's not a very useful comparison to make by virtue of orders of degree of sophistication. it's like your comparing an aircraft carrier with a canoe, OK they both float and humans drive them. or hand held calculators and modern laptops, OK so both have these number 0-9 buttons and can solve math. see my earlier posts about dangerous tools/items and how it can facilitate injustice, and how others would just accept it and use it being just SHEEP. especially since it gives encompassing judgement about people.

Well i never said SYBIL is a failure, in fact i think it's one hell of a machine!, and quite an advancement, but i disagree with it's use and implementation.

And no i disagree that there are systems around us like SYBIL, education some say, NATs and other placement exams some others. but again degree of sophistication and encompassing implementation. and definitely not like speedometers and speed radars. It may seem similar but it's not, there are underlying issues that makes it different altogether. like checks and balances.
My whole post is simply to state the fact that SYBIL is a tool thus need to keep being treated as tool...
Whether they claim far too many aspect of life or not, it is different altogether and how it is implemented is what we should ask for...

The fact is, whatever the tool you have, they do gives you recommendation for one simple fact: they give you information.

Though...
Quote:
I'm sorry sir i don't really understand what you're saying here if you will elaborate though
I am afraid we disagree on what we call as 'recommendation' and 'judgement'...

If we think SYBIL as tool than a 'tool's recommendation' is - in my opinion - information that the tool provide to the user while 'tool's judgement' is where tool act based on its own information without human interference (i.e anti-virus delete my game's crack because it treats the crack as virus without ask my permission)...

What is judgement?
Base on your post, I assume what you mean judgement is same with what I call as recommendation...
For me, Judgement is the finishing act, that the gun shot the victims without anyone trigger it...
As long as the gun needs human to trigger it, then I still think it as only recommendation...