View Single Post
Old 2014-11-20, 15:04   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't get how Sibyl thinks. They say they can't disable Shisui's dominator (what about the others nobody is supposed to use?) because she still has a clear hue and doing so would be admitting the system is flawed, and yet they as good as authorized Akane to kill Kamui using a gun, which is an even worse admission that the system doesn't work. Which is it? You can't have both. Either they believe in their own system to an absurd extent, or they don't.

You know, if it were only about Shisui, I would understand. Given their logic, it's true she isn't doing anything wrong. Clear hue and only killed criminals/enforcers. But they know two different dominators have been used, and that Kamui is planning to use more to screw the system, and yet they do nothing. It's a matter of common sense, which Sibyl clearly has since they recognize Kamui as a threat they should destroy. They should use every means they have to stop him, especially when it's ridiculously easy to do so without anyone ever knowing.

What's worse, it actually contradicts what Sibyl said in the first season. They outright admitted to Akane their system isn't perfect and most likely never will be, but were trying to improve it and evolve, that's the very reason they keep adding brains. Now as soon as Akane implies it's flawed, they tell to shut her mouth. They saw a person without a CC yet they don't give a damn and pretend it never happened. The only sane people left in this show are Saiga and Akane.

Anyway, this confirmed my suspicions that the season's entire plot only works because of Sibyl's plot induced stupidity. Any organization worth a damn knows there are times you need to bend the rules (which Sibyl already fucking did in the first season by revealing themselves to Akane and granting her the right to use paralyzer at will), which is something a hundred brains couldn't figure out on their own.

The rest of the episode was pretty damn good, especially the final revelation. Shame the main premise doesn't hold up.