View Single Post
Old 2013-04-04, 20:15   Link #294
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yeah I remember that, but I remember that in the actual dialogue they just called it a death clip. I'll drop the subject, since it's a minor complaint.

However what is significant is that they changed the Dubhe battle. The party is supposed to meet Joe before they finish off Dubhe.

They also made Daichi's truck driving scene look worthless. In the game Daichi drives the truck straight into that explosive cloud puff at the top, which takes that part out and weakens it, allowing Hibiki, Io, and Joe (...WHO IS MISSING) take out Dubhe together. Here they made it look like what Daichi did affected nothing at all and Hibiki finishes it with an overleveled DEM demon on his own. Congratulations, the anime has just ruined one of Daichi's only moments where he's useful.

On a lighter note, I laughed at Hibiki having 64000-something Macca on his phone I guess he's on New Game+.
Yeah I think the adaptation suffers from trivializing early parts of the game because they just want to introduce the elements quickly and move on. The summoning scene after the train accident was also very different, and instead of something which forced the characters to face their fears and actively take part in battle, it was mostly just the characters being scared and confused while their demons took care of everything. Not happy with those changes either.

But overall the series does have potential. Maybe when Airi shows up it'll be good. <3
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote