View Single Post
Old 2006-05-30, 14:47   Link #47
Freakman

Satoko's Trap Lecture - Intermediate Level (Ep. 09)

I see Tomita-kun and Okamura-kun heading their way to the PE storage. I guess it's their turn today to bring out the limestone to mark the court lines for PE in the next period.

But little do they know that storage is booby trapped..!!

Kei: "I never knew setting up booby traps can be so exciting!"
Satoko: "Hohoho! If Keiichi-san knows that feeling then I do believe you have the gift in you too!"

They are know trying to open the lock on the door.

...Oh? What's this? Okamura-kun is pointing somewhere on the door and started to whisper into Tomita-kun's ear. It seems they realized it and immediately scooted away from the door.

Kei: "Yo....Satoko, it seems they found out?! Did it fail?!"
Satoko: "...I already thought of them finding out about the trap. And I already thought of what they are gonna do next too. Hohoho..."

According to Satoko, after they found out about the trap, they are going to go around and try to enter through the back window.

And as Satoko proclaimed, they started going through the window on the back in the exact climbing method Satoko thought they would.

Kei: "...oooh...cool. They are doing exactly what Satoko said they would...!! .....Ah! There they got it!!!"

BOOF, BFWOOOOOOON!!

White smoke of the grounded limestone erupted through the window. ....After a few moments, the two started to crawl out in shock. ...They are all covered in white.

Satoko: "Hohoho! O~hohoho!!! I really love this moment! It's like tasting honey~!!"
Kei: "....But....it's amazing how they fell for it... A trap like that can only be set off by calculating ahead where Tomita-kun's gonna put his hand and feet when he climbs and how he lands inside....?!"
Satoko: "Here's a lesson for you, Keiichi-san. The first step in setting up traps is to watch your target closely. You need to monitor his movement patterns and carefully calculate how they are gonna move on a certain decision. That way you can set up a simple trap that will deliver the greatest result."

...I recall that Mion highly praised Satoko that she has the innate ability to predict and forecast the last move in our games.

Kei: "So premeditation is the key for traps. ...Then are you saying that the previous traps that I fell for were all calculated according to your plan?"
Satoko: "Yes. It was all done by observing your patterns and Keiichi-san fell for it as I expected. So if Keiichi-san suddenly started acting in a different pattern from a certain day, Keiichi-san probably won't fall for my traps anymore."

It's not funny to find that Satoko proudly proclaiming that she knows all of my moves....

Kei: "Alright, let's play a game. Let's see how well Satoko can predict my moves, shall we?"
Satoko: "Oh sure. Keiichi-san is fairly easy to understand so I do believe it's gonna be a piece of cake? O~hohoho!!"

We returned to our classroom and Satoko ripped a piece of paper from her notebook to make three cards. Of course, I have no idea what she wrote on the back of these cards.

Satoko: "Pick one out of these three. If Keiichi-san doesn't pick out the lose-card, you win."
Kei: "Alright, I challenge that!! I'll show you what I learned from our after-school activities!"

Satoko snickered as she held out the three cards.

C'mon think calm, Maebara Keiichi! ...Stay COOL and win this match decisively!

...If I don't pick out the lose-card, I win. That means if I pick out the lose-card, the Satoko wins. ...Henceforth, Satoko will want to make me pick out the lose-card. What's the best way to make me pick out the lose-card?! Is there any calculated method for this?! Is there a statistical analysis that the middle, the left, or the right is chosen more often than the other?!

It's then that I had an enlightment on what Mion would do in this case!

Satoko: "So, did you decide which one to pick?"
Kei: "Yes. ....And it.....THIS!!!"
Satoko: "Huh? Aaaa!! Wha, what are you doing!!"

I took all three from Satoko's hands. I re-calculated Satoko's plans and turned it around.

....Satoko wants to make me pick out the lose-card. Then that means all three are lose-cards!!

Kei: "That's what I concluded to!! So let me inspect these three cards!!!"

As I turned all three cards over, each of them had one katakana letter on them.

HA
ZU
RE

(translation note: The three letter katakana HAZURE means "LOSE")

Kei: "...What's this? ....HA, ZU, RE. ....hazure."
Satoko: "That's the result. ...If you had only chosen one, it wouldn't have been a lose."
Kei: "Wha...whaaat?! So then you predicted that I'd take all three?! Gyaaaa!!"

Satoko laughed in high pride as I fell into despair. The classroom echoes with a high-tone chortle.

At that moment, grounded limestone fell on top of Satoko's head. The all-whitened Tomita-kun and Okamura-kun held a large pile of grounded limestone in their arms and came back to seek vengeance against Satoko.

Okamura-kun: "....Houjou~!! Only Houjou can set up a bait like that---!!!"
Satoko: "How dare you!! Where do you have the proof that I did it? And don't call it cheaply like 'bait.' Call it a TRAP!"
Tomita-kun & Okamura-kun: "FEEL THE WRATH~!!!"
Satoko: "Hiiiiiiii!! Ke,Ke, Keiichi-san, He, Help me--!"

...The classroom turns into chaos as my younger classmates started becoming white as they threw each other with limestone.

...hey hey Satoko. ...Couldn't you foresee that this was gonna happen? As for me, I couldn't foresee that the teacher was gonna barge in after all of this and be scolded alongside with them...

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-06-05 at 00:25.