View Single Post
Old 2003-11-23, 14:00   Link #13
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garylisk
People who have watched the TV series, and then watch OVA3 and don't realize they have nothing to do with one another will be confused, if by nothing else, then by the simple question
Spoiler:

(OK so it was 2 questions.)

More questions will come to their minds... like

Spoiler:

And to continue, here's some questions that will more than likely come up as the 3rd OVA goes on...

Spoiler:

So yeah... that's about all I gotta say on THAT matter.

Trust me. Watch the first two OVAs before venturing into OVA3, you'll thank yourself later.
Ehhhh..A counter arguer and a good one at THAT..I am getting excited.. *flexing my fingers as I am brewing a fresh pot of coffee*

The first episode of the OVA3 is not a follow up to the previous OVA series..This episode was pretty much self-explanatory with a new theme which we get a clue of in the 3rd quarter of the episode..Tenchi has all those flash back from the previous series to set up the new theme..The flash-back helped the old viewer to get into sync and the new viewers will get some idea of what's going on even if they never saw a single episode of the previous OVA series...That is why each flash-back taken from particular episode reiterated the main point of the episode so firmly (basically told the whole story). Might I add Chibi has followed the Tenchi Universe series, so Chibi is not a new viewer. As for the answer to the other questions,
Spoiler:
why? a Tenchi Univers viewer will simply deduce if a cat can turn into a ship, it must have figured out way to turn into a little girl somehow
Spoiler:
.. As for Kiyone, I suspect an incest theme is in order which will reveal itself as the episode progress and providing the new viewer is patient )..

Spoiler:
I have mentioned that in the little spoiler of my previous post about the intro of Ryokou..That is the only thing can off balance a Tenchi Universe viewer who is trying to follow the OVA3 without watching the previous 2 OVAs'..So if a Tenchi Universe viewer pay attention to the flash-back they will get their answer...
Spoiler:
..If the animators going to relate more material to progress the story of the OVA3; they, cleverly, will give us some more flash back..Afterall, they will try to attract new viewers with the old ones so the new viewers get curious enough to venture, as you put, into the old series....That’s why I left all those other question unanswered..Beside those questions are irrelevant anyway at this point of the series..

Btw, a thunder clasp realization…while we argue Chibi may have already seen the episode

monir is offline   Reply With Quote