Thread: Mental Illness
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-28, 16:04   Link #26
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog View Post
Probably the most stand-out thing is that I seem to be functioning like a really, really well-off autistic person. I can have emotions myself, and I recognize when other people have emotions, but I just don't see why I should care or do anything about them. I mean, If I don't like the way I'm feeling, I can just sort of "turn off" all feeling of any kinds, and then be totally normal a minute later, so I figure that other people should be able to do the same. My typical response to somebody who is sad, or angry, is commonly extreme boredom and strong wish for them to just go away because I think they're being stupid.

In contrast to my normally non-existent emotional state, one weird little thing is that I really, really don't like it when things break. If I accidentally step on a pencil and it snaps, I might start crying. Sometimes I've actually started crying while watching those scenes in movies where there's a shootout in a bar, because I don't like seeing all of the glasses and bottles break.

If somebody actually breaks something on purpose then I get really angry. Like if somebody is mad and they smash a glass or a dish, I will fly into a homicidal rage and attempt to inflict severe injury on the person. I'm not really sure why I do that, since there are a lot of things that can get broken that I don't care about. Like sticks, packaging, boards, logs. Maybe it's the act of something being broken for no real purpose that bothers me. I dunno. Either way, it's kinda strange.
I'm not an expert, but that sounds closer to antisocial behavior to me.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote