View Single Post
Old 2011-05-13, 17:30   Link #22774
cronnoponno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
Most puzzles can be solved by a bullshit loophole, for the simple reason that the author doesn't want to write an entire paragraph of additional clarifications for annoying pedants who just want to make themselves look clever (see: Erika). They generally contain some implicit assumptions (which I think is partly what Ryukishi was getting at with the whole red text thing early on).
Isn't that a bit unfair? Sometimes riddles and puzzles do this on purpose, and throw in loopholes that you're SUPPOSED to find.

I mean, what if I said an emergent rule was being implied that ''Loopholes are valid'' since Ryu didn't let Erika go uncountered?

Besides I kind of liked how the whole ''3 paragraph rule'' thing was going in Umineko.

While Bernkastel wanted simplicity, as I was going through the evidence, I wasn't sure if it was tricking me into thinking Battlers family was the culprit, and I was really starting to suspect George. So it became a 50/50 chance of luck between the two. I just guessed Battler first, and ended up being right.

Another loophole I found was with Kanon. Kanon is now treated as being killed, and his master key has been treated as being destroyed.. Is this a trick to confuse the body count? If Kanon can be ''killed'', then he can be murdered, and as such would have to count for the ''6 people'', but a culprit has to kill one directly with their own hands, so if the culprit of the first twilight killed Shannon, and Kanon died as a chain(as they're both the same people), does that mean that counts towards the 6 people?I figured that Bern didn't give a fuck and just wanted simplicity, but at the same time I was wondering if I was being tricked into missing that.

Although I can understand what you're saying, the problem is whether or not to be sure if they made those loopholes for a reason. I thought that the loopholes were meaningless once Battler's family was right, but then Erika came...
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote