View Single Post
Old 2009-12-19, 04:58   Link #705
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Hey, as long as they're not K-on hands, I'll live with it... ^_^

I still don't see much of a difference in the art style between old series and Sigh, although I will admit that E8 contained pretty much all of the K-onization (BLR was Sigh/S1-style, just poorly done). There's the shading, but to me that's just detail. The character designs are still more or less the same, especially the men. The women have smaller eyes and more accented mouths, I guess, but it's not really much of a difference. I guess "less detailed" is what I'd say differentiates Sigh from S1, but they're both definitely cut from the same cloth, a different cloth than the K-onized episodes used...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
So, you guys don't mind who the (ultra) animation supervisor is and don't notice who it is? Since it's Ikeda this time, I think it's natural that the trailer looks like the older series. Plus she left work for one year after Clannad, so she still has part of the old style that KyoAni used to.

~snip~

Reminds me of these.
Spoiler for clannad:

That hands don't seem to belong in those scenes is, I guess, her weak point.
Well, S1 always took a bit after the Clannad/Kanon art style, only without so much of the "grey faces" that exist in so much of the Key product (only really noticeable in a few Mikuru scenes). It's what KyoAni had done the most, up to that point, so it's understandable...