View Single Post
Old 2011-09-07, 19:15   Link #20
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Yeah, I've been wondering about the former BW agents, myself. After all, with the exception of Crocodile and the top agents we saw at ID/Marineford, it's been a good while since we've last seen the rest of the former agents (which was, coincidentally enough, during a previous ministory). Perhaps the new Spiders' Cafe was built somewhere in the New World......

That also reminds me: We should see updates on most of the other past villains in this ministory, as well. We already had Wapol, so maybe we'll also see what became of Bellamy and his crew when we get to Jaya (that is, if the captain himself isn't dead). Of course, there's also the matter of Eneru and his moon army (and I guess the other priests aside from Gedatsu), Foxy (though I'd still prefer for him to get his own story), and of course, CP9 (I already said in a previous thread that I'm most interested in seeing what becomes of Spandam, after all.....).

I sorta have my doubts about Oda focusing on villains/characters from beyond Thriller Bark though, since I have the feeling that he's saving them for bigger surprises in the main story proper (for instance, I doubt he'll update us on Moria for a good while after this ministory's end). The supernovas in particular are pretty iffy at this point, since I think their positions in the NW would hold a lot more suspense than these one-page stories could contain. We just saw Amazon Lily and Sabaody right after the skip took place, so it would feel a little redundant for us to get updates on Rayleigh or Hancock so soon. I could sort of see Impel Down as a possibility (since I still suspect that Hannyabal will finally achieve his goal and succeed Magellan as warden), I guess. Anything involving the new marine HQ or the revolutionaries is definitely a no-no, for similar reasons as the supernovas and Moria. But despite that, I'm definitely excited to see what further developments have taken place in the post-skip world.

I agree, I was thinking that will probably see the Supernovas as reaction scenes on this arc. Personally I doubt the mini story will extend beyond W7 and Iceberg. One thing I am a bit worried was that I was betting on this mini story to end alongside this arc. So I thought the mini-story is probably 10-15 chapters away (mix in with a few non-story covers) and that was like 5 chapters ago. But it seems to me the ministory is really taking its time on showcasing every minor character, which have me worried that this arc is still going to take a good while like another 40-50 chapters....