View Single Post
Old 2009-06-13, 04:31   Link #20058
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
actually i'm on the opinion that if either suzaku OR kallen were to move on
it would be far easier for it to be to someone who is COMPLETELY different then either lelouch or euphie
the fact of the matter is that any potential future partner that either one would have will end up being compared to the ones they lost
human nature, nothing you can do about that, thats just the way the human brain WORKS (our impression on things is based by comparing them to other things)
nunnaly is VERY MUCH like euphie, too much in fact
even if suzaku can come to love her (putting aside such matters as age, body condition, social position, and the fact that he had murdered her brother) it would hardly be fair to nunnaly herself to be in a relationship where she would keep being compared to a dead woman who was the love of suzaku's life

which is why, assuming she's willing, it would be easier for suzaku to move on to kallen
becouse any attempts to compare between euphie and kallen are simply impossible, they are just too different
suzaku had already shown SOME interest in kallen, saying that he finds her "real" personality quite charming
kallen is the FIRST PERSON EVER who suzaku had willingly told about him killing his father, which happened at the point AFTER they both learned that they are enemies
he had, at the very least, made an effort to reconcile with her after the whole refrain incident, even letting her kick the crap out of him to let her get her payback (he had no real reason to do that, she IS his enemy after all)
and by the end of the show, he seems to have gain a greater level of respect for kallen (and that goes both ways)

the same goes for kallen
suzaku and lelouch are NOTHING alike, so comparing then is impossible
and she DID state in ep 25 that despite everything that happened, she had at least respected him from trying to help japan in his own way (which is why she was angry to discover that it was all bullshit)
now that she knows that he was STILL doing exactly that, and that he ended up paying a high price for it (C.C told her what it means to wear that mask)
as well as having renewed sense of admiration for his strength (only expressing remorse that he hadnt a sense of justice, which she now knows isnt true)
and she is quick in being willing to accept him in the new role of zero (a symbol of everything she had always believed in)
if she can forgive lelouch for all that he did, i'd say she could probably forgive suzaku for it as well

i'd say that it isnt THAT far fetched, its infact more likely then any OTHER kallen based pairing by shows end (since lelouch is gone)
and if you want an example of the positive changes that lelouch made in the world, and of how people can move on past old hatred, i'd say the two of them hooking up is a PERFECT example
now its just a matter of whether or not they would both be ready to move on