View Single Post
Old 2012-01-01, 10:48   Link #229
MalakTawus

@Gooral

Ehm,i said very CLEARLY just a few posts before that i'm certain that Roxy is definitely stronger than what it seems at the moment and that probably (VERY probably she has yet to show her "secrets").
Sorry Gooral,but from your intervention is clear that you just jumped in the middle of a discussion without looking at the whole,infact you COMPLETELY missed my point.

little_angel was saying that Cassy awakened because she knew that she couldn't defeat Roxy in her normal form,and he also said that he could prove that.
Instead i said that not only that theory can't be proved at all,but it's also wrong 'cause it's pretty clear that Cassy awakened as soon as she remembered Cassy not because she wasn't confident in killing her but simply because her was REALY REALY mad and her rage triggered her awakening. Denying that rage was the trigger to make Cassy awaken imo is really absurd,but if you also agree with little_angel feel free to do so.

Quote:
Cassandra was defeated by the weakest technique there is so the handicap (Cassy being cut) was irrelevant since both of them had it
Sorry Gooral,but this is beyond stupid.Even if both of them had an "handicap" only a blind person doesn't understand that Cassy's handicap was IMMENSELY greater (before reaching Roxy she lost one arm,one leg,one eye and was cut several times.....and you want to compare this to Roxy's "handicap"???Don't make me laugh,please....).
When she reached Roxy she was already done for,even a simply good single digit would have been able to kill her at that point,that doesn't prove AT ALL Roxy's strenght,lol.
Also the technique used by Roxy can't even be considered n handicap since it was PERFECT for that particular situation.

Quote:
Also Cassy was too weak to just storm through small fries without injury and attack Roxanne, contrary to Miria for example. Her technique didn't even allow her to parry attacks or dodge them and she was one-shotted by Roxy using only a hilt of a sword.
Yeah right,the only problem in what you say is that Cassy says VERY CLEARLY that she didn't want herself to avoid to be cut by her comrades,so you can't use it to prove anything about her ability.She let herself be cut on purpose to pay for her "sin" (well,that's what she says now that she remembers the scene,but the truth is probably what she said before that,she simply didn't care at all to be cutted,she was already "gone berserk").Try again.

With this i'm not saying that Cassy is surely stronger than Roxy,but sure as hell that doesn't mean that Roxy is the stronger one.......and if there is an hint (just an hint) in what happened there is that Roxy didn't kill Cassy like her past friends, so MAYBE she wasn't confident at all to defeat Cassy in a fair fight one on one.
Even with her immense pride,it's still a fact that for some reason she didn't dare to fight Cassy alone,and that's very strange for someone that wants to prove that she's the strongest.

Quote:
You still do not understand. "In return for cutting my comrades, I was prepared to be cut too." She was prepared to be cut because she was cutting herself. But she could have avoided all that by not cutting any of them but instead dodging and parrying their attacks. After all Cassandra was her only target. Since she didn't do that it means she was too weak to go through them without injuring them. She wasn't even of Miria class. We also saw she had problems with dodging only three Claymores' attacks without using her Dust Eater technique hence she was considered only as strong as #5 without that technique.

If Cassandra could dodge them but didn't and at the same time Roxanne was her only target then it really doesn't make sense.
Your theory is completely destroyed by what Cassy says VERY CLEARLY: "I lost myself".
It's not difficult to understand that in that moment Cassy was acting completely driven by rage,so your reasoning is weak as hell.
She didn't avoid simply because she didn't care at all,simple as that. She cut everything in front of her and was ready to be cutted in return (it's hinted that inconsciously that was something like paying for her sin).

And also,if we want to be fair,do you think that Miria or Histy would be able to win easily against a n.3, a n.5 and a n.9 WITHOUT USING their special techniques??? I don't think so.

Only monsters like Teresa or Prissy can fight "normally" and destroy anything in front of them like it's nothing,all the other warriors that we have seen beside those two (and Raph) base their strenght on their techniques,and those techniques is what mainly makes the difference between single digits.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2012-01-01 at 11:09.